Mel’s Outrageous Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
“Would you mind if I licked the bowl?”
Makes 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Divide into 24 equal round balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.