Tag Archives: cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tea baking powder
- 1 tea baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 tea fresh lime juice
- 1 tea lime zest
- Cream the butter until smooth, and gradually add the sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until it’s fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and beat well between.
- Combine the dry ingredients — flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add slowly to the creamed butter mixture.
- When mixed, add the lime juice and zest.
- Fill lined cupcake tins 3/4 way, and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 350°F. Make sure the tops do not get browned.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tea fresh lime juice
- 1 drop light green food coloring (if desired)
- Cream butter until smooth, and then add the milk and lime juice and mix well. Slowly add the sugar until the desired consistancy is reached — you may not need all the sugar. You can add food coloring and/or zest if desired.
- Make sure the cupcakes are room temp before icing or you’ll make a big mess. Top with sprinkles or whatever you want!
makes 24 cupcakes.