Tag Archives: sweets
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tea baking powder
- 1 tea baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 tea fresh lime juice
- 1 tea lime zest
- Cream the butter until smooth, and gradually add the sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until it’s fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and beat well between.
- Combine the dry ingredients — flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add slowly to the creamed butter mixture.
- When mixed, add the lime juice and zest.
- Fill lined cupcake tins 3/4 way, and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 350°F. Make sure the tops do not get browned.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tea fresh lime juice
- 1 drop light green food coloring (if desired)
- Cream butter until smooth, and then add the milk and lime juice and mix well. Slowly add the sugar until the desired consistancy is reached — you may not need all the sugar. You can add food coloring and/or zest if desired.
- Make sure the cupcakes are room temp before icing or you’ll make a big mess. Top with sprinkles or whatever you want!
makes 24 cupcakes.
- 5 cups sliced green apples (about 5 small Granny Smith apples)
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 table all-purpose flour
- 1 tea ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c quick oats
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/8 tea baking powder
- 1/8 tea baking soda
- 1/4 c melted butter
- Slice the apples and put into a 9x4x4 bread pan. You can also use a 9×13″ cake pan, but you need to double the above amounts…
- Mix the white sugar, tablespoon of flour and cinnamon together, then sprinkle on the apples. Pour water evenly over the top after.
- Mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together. It should be really thick. Crumble with a spoon over the top of the apples, making sure it’s evenly covered.
- Bake at 350°F (170°C) for 45 min or until dark brown.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (8oz?) unsweetenened chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- preheat your oven to 350°F.
- grease 3 9″ round cake pans with butter.
- melt your chocolate over a double boiler, be sure it doesn’t burn, then let it cool.
- mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- in another (bigger) bowl, mix butter and sugar together.
- beat in eggs one at time, then add vanilla.
- add the flour mixture alternately with the chocolate.
- spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
- bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coffee/milk (brew 1 tb coffee into the milk)
- melt chocolate and butter in the a double boiler.
- in a large bowl, combine confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk.
- frosting will thicken as it cools.
- put the cake together!
makes 1 9″ cake. enough for a large party.