Tag Archives: mocha
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (8oz?) unsweetenened chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- preheat your oven to 350°F.
- grease 3 9″ round cake pans with butter.
- melt your chocolate over a double boiler, be sure it doesn’t burn, then let it cool.
- mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- in another (bigger) bowl, mix butter and sugar together.
- beat in eggs one at time, then add vanilla.
- add the flour mixture alternately with the chocolate.
- spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
- bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coffee/milk (brew 1 tb coffee into the milk)
- melt chocolate and butter in the a double boiler.
- in a large bowl, combine confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk.
- frosting will thicken as it cools.
- put the cake together!
makes 1 9″ cake. enough for a large party.