Tag Archives: khmer
- 1 table chopped garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cube knorr mushroom soup base
- 4 lime leaves
- 2 slices galangal
- 5 small thai green chilis (prik kee nuu)
- 1 tea thin tamarind paste
- 1/3 winter melon, skinned, and cut into bite sized cubes
- bite sized pineapple chunks — about 1/2 of the amount of melon used
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tea sugar
- 1/4 tea salt
- 1 tea light soy sauce (healthy boy)
- dash of white pepper
- 1 egg (optional)
- small handful (10 leaves?) of horapa basil
- 2 springs of cilantro
- pan fry the garlic in a little oil until light brown and fragrant. Add the water directly on top, and bring to a boil. add the knorr soup base, lime leaves, chilis, tamarind paste and galangal. boil for a few minutes for the flavors to come out.
- add the winter melon, and boil for a few more minutes. Then add the pineapple, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauce. Boil until the winter melon is soft.
- while stirring, slowly pour 1 beaten egg into the soup.
- turn of the heat and add the basil & cilantro. When wilted, serve in a boil, and garnish with cilantro.
makes two large bowls.